GDL2: fetching all objects from a database to a custom class

From: Frédéric PRACA
Subject: GDL2: fetching all objects from a database to a custom class
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:31:34 +0200

Hi everybody,
today I tried to make a sample (and simple) application using GDL2.
The goal of this application is to connect to a database and retrieve data to
put it in custom classes. The question will be simple : how do I do that ? I
searched in headers files but even if I can find method names, it's impossible
to find the sequence to use.
Here's what I've done :
- construct a model from a file
- create a EODatabase from that model
- create an EOQualifier with format
- create an EOFetchSpecification with entity
- retrieve an EOEditingContext from EODatabase
- applied the context the objectsWithFetchSpecifiation and the NSArray is
empty ;-(
In fact, I just wanted to retrieve all the objects of my custom class from the
database. Is there a straight way to do that ? Where can I find code examples
and an howto-like ?

Thanks

 Fred

PS : all the links about WebObjects on developer.apple.com are now in Java. The
only documentation I found is on
http://www.geminisolutions.com/WebObjects_4.5/Documentation/Developer/WebObjects
/WOHomePage.html but only gives code fragments