GDL2 How-To

From: Frédéric PRACA
Subject: GDL2 How-To
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 16:34:08 +0200

Hi everybody,
I just started looking at GDL2 which seems to be the most powerful layer
between objects and relationnal databases I've seen.
Well, I have problems :
- First, there's no doc with it nor examples. So I read the doc from db and the
examples which are almost good fro gdl2
- Second, after reading everything and keeping it like handbook, I didn't found
anywhere how to simply select and retrieve objects from my little database. No
how-to, nothing ... Well looking in header files, I found some methods in
DatabaseChannel but specifying entities in the request seems redundant to me (I
already described it in the model file with the mapping).
Does someone know where I can find help or a little example well commented with
application objects and how to retrieve them from the database ?
Thanks a lot

Fred

PS: please don't give the links on developer.apple.com, everything about EOF is
in WebObjects and is now in Java.