Re: Testing GNUMail under Linux/Gentoo

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: Testing GNUMail under Linux/Gentoo
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 17:11:47 -0700

On Thu, 08 May 2003 16:57:17 -0700
Catherine Luedecker <luedchic@attbi.com> wrote:
> But there was a little work involved.  For one thing I had to
> downgrade my freetype2 to 2.0.0 from the 2.1.4 version.  It was nice
> to have it working but then other apps started to break so......long
> story short, I wont be using GNUMail until I figure out how to patch
> my freetype package.

To compile gnustep-back with an installed freetype-2.1.4, get the patch
from

http://www.nbtsc.org/~aredridel/permalink/gnustep-back-art-freetype213-0.8.5.patch

and apply it to .../back/Source/art/ftfont.m
Though it's labeled "freetype213" it also works with 2.1.4.

> reference given to me from Ludo
> http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/FTC_Image_Desc

AFAIK the patches on that page are obsolete.

--
Chris