Re: Summary: Unicode support on GNUstep

From: Dirk Theisen
Subject: Re: Summary: Unicode support on GNUstep
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 21:57:58 +0100 (Europe/Berlin)

Hi!

NSData *data = [@"Höschler" dataUsingEncoding:NSUTF8StringEncoding];

And this works. I was a bit confused because
NSNonLossyASCIIStringEncoding worked on MacOSX. I don't really know
why. probbaly because of different default C string encondings  on
both machines.

This still assumes that your source is written in latin1 encoding. AFAIK, encoding 8bit chars as in latin1 mostly works, but is undefined (they should be quoted as shown in my other article).

So correct would probably to use NSLatin1StringEncoding and Latin1 source codes (or the unicode quoting).

Gruß
  Dirk