Re: GNUstep newbie

From: Till Schoenefeld
Subject: Re: GNUstep newbie
Date: 14 Feb 2003 12:59:36 +0100

Hello ibotty,

you wrote

> btw: try gworkspaces desktop (find it in info->preferences).
> its nice, and you will be able to drag all things, you may need, to your
> desktop.

I already did so. But I've got to toggle it on and off -- which is not a
problem at all -- since I still need my windowmaker's applications-menu.
Is there a way to configure windowmaker or GWorkspace to make
GWorkspace's desktop "transparent" for windowmaker's application menu?

It seems that you have to write an app-wrapper to get an application on
to your desktop. I've just tried it out and drew the binary file of a
gui-application on to my desktop. But it did'nt start from the desktop.

BTW: Is there a good app-wrapper template for non-GNUstep applications
available somewhere?

Bye

Till