Re: GNUstep newbie

From: ibotty
Subject: Re: GNUstep newbie
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:15:07 +0100

hi till,
nice to see, new new gnustep users.

to your questions
> 1.) The FileViewer window displays this small dot at the bottom of its
> top panel. I've clicked on it and the top panel enlarged itself. Now I
> can't set it back to it's original size. Anyone to have a solution for
> this?
try to shift (click, hold, shift) it to the lower third of the top icons.
it will resize to one line.
btw: you can shift it even further, and it will disappear.

> 2.) GWorkspace's Fiend: What exactly ist good for and how do I use it?
> (I'm using GNUstep mainly together with WindowMaker 0.80.1, if this is
> of relevance to this question.)
you can add programs to it, you often want to use.
if you have many programs, your dock (the list of icons on the right of your
screen) wont have enough place to hold them all.

btw: try gworkspaces desktop (find it in info->preferences).
its nice, and you will be able to drag all things, you may need, to your
desktop.

cheers,
~ibotty