GNUstep and FreeBSD (4.6 and 5.0)

From: Joachim Jaeckel
Subject: GNUstep and FreeBSD (4.6 and 5.0)
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:52:22 +0100

Hello All,

I'm currently try to use the GNUstep environment on my BSD-boxes. I tried it
with the gnustep-entries in the ports.
Everything was compiled and installed without errors on both systems, but if I
start an application on the 5.0-RELEASE system, I get the following error
message:

NSApplication.m:200 Assertion failed in initialize_gnustep_backend. Can't load
backend bundle
/usr/local/GNUstep/System/Application/ProjectCenter.app/ix86/freebsd/gnu-gnu-gnu/ProjectCenter:
 Uncaught exception NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason:
NSApplication.m:200 Assertion failed in initialize_gnustep_backend. Can't load
backend bundle.

Everything works fine on the 4.6 System.
Do you have an idea, what I've to change ...

Thanks in advance,
Joachim Jaeckel.