Re: GNUStep for FreeBSD 5.0 DP2??

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: GNUStep for FreeBSD 5.0 DP2??
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 16:50:42 +0000

I think this is definitely a case of mileage varying between users...

> If you installed tiff from /usr/ports/graphics/tiff GNUstep _will_
> automatically find the libs.

None of my 4.7 systems do this properly as of sometime over the summer (I
agree they certainly used to though ?!)

> The only problem with gcc (version < 3.3) is a rare internal error when
> using protocols, as mentioned in another mail.

Which I see all the time when compiling GNUstep itself. The only one I
ever got working was 3.0 and that coredumps when loading .gmodel files

> gcc33 seems to work fine (so far ;-).

...but for me prevents the loading of .gmodel files properly, as with 3.0
it causes a coredump.

I'd be intersted to try and work out what causes the differences, but that
involves more time that I have at my disposal sadly :-(

-bat.