Re: NSSound and gsnd

From: Jeff Teunissen
Subject: Re: NSSound and gsnd
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 18:21:46 -0400

Yen-Ju Chen wrote:

[snip]

>   By the way, maybe libsndfile
>   (http://www.zip.com.au/~erikd/libsndfile/)
>   could be another choice as external library.
>   It is highly portable, and I think the most
>   important point is that it is still under active developement.
>   That's just a little suggestion.

I'm not sure that's such an important point.

libaudiofile is mature, and doesn't really need any more work (outside of
bug fixes, which are certainly handled when found). All the formats that
it handles, it handles just right.

In comparison, libsndfile is an unknown quantity -- it's newer, and hasn't
got all the kinks worked out yet. :)

Newer isn't always (or even usually) better.

[snip]