2-bytes character display ready ?

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: 2-bytes character display ready ?
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 09:13:42 -0500

  I asked this question several months ago,
  and when I check the xgps source code recently,
  I found in XGFont.m, two "FIXME" say it might be able to support 2-bytes
character.
  I would like to know is GNUstep ready for 2-bytes character display ?
  If it can be done by only modifing the xgps backend,
  I would like to try it out with my limited ability.
  As least it is easy for me to test the 2-bytes display.

  Since GNUstep start using XIM as input machnism,
  can GNUstep accept other XIM servers ?
  Many user in Asia use their own XIM server to input their own character.

  Thanx a lot

  Yen-Ju