Re: Problems and bugs with GNUMail.app

From: Ludovic Marcotte
Subject: Re: Problems and bugs with GNUMail.app
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 10:43:09 -0400 (EDT)

> Hi all,

Hi Stephane,

> I use GNUMail and I have notice the following problem :
> When I click in the list of mail to select one to move it to another
> mailbox, and when i click on a mbox file in the list of mailboxes panel, and
> then i click
> on the arrow icon, GNUMail crashes !!
>
> Is is due to my non uptodate version of GNUSTEP ?

Nope. It was due to a memory leak in GNUMail.app. The message being
transferred was in the autorelease pool and it got collected before being
used - sometimes.

I've fixed ALL memory leaks in GNUMail.app / Pantomime. Both are now *way*
faster and more stable. I need to do some work on threads synchronization
and I'll release GNUMail.app 0.8.0pre2 and Pantomime 0.5.0 next week.

> Another question : Is multiple languages management for next version of
> GNUMail ? (If Yes, I'm a volontary for a french translation ;-) )

Maybe not for 0.8.0pre1 but I would be glad to include this feature for
0.8.0pre2!

Thanks a lot for your comments,

Ludovic

--