Re: AppIcon Issue...

From: Dan Pascu
Subject: Re: AppIcon Issue...
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 01:14:02 +0200 (EET)

On 29 Jan, Sungjin Chun wrote:
> Now, all functionality without moving appicon
> work well. I relayed left mouse button's single
> click event to dummyMainWindow which
> is initially withdraw state and has icon_window
> with GNUstep drawn appicon window. But
> I cannot move this window, after correcting
> this problem I will make patch and post it
> to this mailling list. Can you let me know
> what might be missed during above process
> of relaying event ?

the parent window is not a window you create yourself, like the
dummyMainWindow above. it is obtained in from a ReparentNotify event
you receive, like in this code:

        switch (xev->type) {
         case ReparentNotify:
            _parentWindow = xev->xreparent.parent;
            break;

this _parentWindow is the one you need to relay the button events to.
If you don't want wmaker to open its own menu when you right click on
the appicon then don't relay the right button click.

--
Dan