GNUstep Linux distro

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: GNUstep Linux distro
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 14:18:30 +0200

Hi all,

I am near a first complete GNUstep based Linux distro, meaning I have
only used those GNU/Linux parts that are essential for GNUstep to run.
Most is compiled from scratch, except XFree86 4.0.1.

The idea is to provide a show case for GNUstep. The upcoming version is
a pre-, pre-, alpha version ;) That is, there are a lot of things wrong
and broken. But as Eric Raymond always mentions: release often, release
early, that is exactly what I wanna do. Currently compiling is Mesa,
after that Window Maker follows and if nothing is broken in between a
current snapshot of GNUstep can be build.

I expect that I am ready packaging and writing scripts for installation
in about a couple of weeks. I already have some web-pages to accompany
the whole bunch.

Now the question: Is there a place (preferably gnustep.net) where I can
do an initial upload so people can have a look?
Expect around 100-200 Mb of diskspace (nothing is stripped yet).

Greetings,

Dennis Leeuw