Re: GNUstep Linux distro

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Re: GNUstep Linux distro
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 20:55:40 +0200

Manuel Guesdon wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Oct 2000 14:18:30 +0200 Dennis Leeuw wrote:
>  >| Now the question: Is there a place (preferably gnustep.net) where I can
>  >| do an initial upload so people can have a look?
>  >| Expect around 100-200 Mb of diskspace (nothing is stripped yet).
>
> It's possible on gnustep.net. BTW, FTP mirrors will be welcome for
> gnustep.net and gnustep.org. As anonymous FTP protocol require a dedicated IP
> address, it may be more interesting to put a gnustep.net directory in
> ftp.gnustep.org... If noone have an objection, I'll do this tomorow or on
> saturday...

That would be great! All is build now, so that leaves me with packaging the
last bit and writing the install scripts.
Currently the system complies to the following:
LFS 2.4 +some extras
XFree 86 4.0.1
Mesa 3.2.1 (sorry Philippe no OpenAL right now)
Window Maker 0.62.1
GNUstep 001011 snapshot

Tests done:
Linux system
XFree86 on a Cirrus Logic CL5434
start of gdomap

All tests went OK, so system seems ready for work ;)

To be done later:
Java (I have no experience with Java, so that will take some reading)
Network scripts crash, due to no network-module loading at start up.

No other tests performed
So major testing is required.

That's it for now. Time for bed ;)

Greetings,