Re: burst mode for hackrf one

From: Jeff Long
Subject: Re: burst mode for hackrf one
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 07:48:16 -0500

We are missing the "Length Tag" param in the yml for the newer gr-soapy blocks. I updated the issue.

On Sat, Nov 5, 2022 at 4:53 PM Adrian Musceac <kantooon@droiddv.org> wrote:
On Saturday, 5 November 2022 22:39:13 EET Marcus D. Leech wrote:

>    One technique that likely works OK is "zero stuffing".  You send a
> constant stream of 0s in "idle" state, and when a PDU comes
>    along it interrupts the otherwise-boring stream of 0s.

That's not good if the TX path includes an RF switch, like the TX/RX port on
the B200 family. IIRC without using tags on a semi-duplex device a constant
stream will keep the TX path on as long as samples are flowing. There must be
an end of burst flag that tells the device to empty the buffer and switch on the
RX path. The LMS api has such a flag, but I'm not familiar with the HackRF. I
suggest digging into libhackrf code to check if it does.

Adrian