Re: Improving GRC usability: How do you deal with changes in .grc file b

From: Bernard Tyers - EI8FDB
Subject: Re: Improving GRC usability: How do you deal with changes in .grc file behaviour caused by opening it on newer/older GRC version?
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 17:41:26 +0200

Hi there,

I'd like to make one final request for anyone interested in giving taking part in this very short survey to do so. I'll be closing the survey this Sunday (17th April).

Has this scenario ever happened to you:

You open a .grc file with an older (or newer) version of GRC than the file was created with.
When you try to open it the .grc file behaves differently, due to differences in GRC version.

---

How did you deal with this scenario? How did you get the .grc to execute as you expected?

All GRC users input is very welcome:

https://saneuxdesign.survey.fm/dealing-with-changes-in-how-grc-file-behaves-caused-by-opening-it-in-newer-or-older-grc-version

Thanks to all the 13 people who took part so far.

Thanks in advance,
Bernard

Re: Improving GRC usability: How do you deal with changes in .grc file behaviour caused by opening it on newer/older GRC version?
I'd like to say thanks to the community members who've contributed to this issue so far, and make another request for anyone interested in giving their input.

--

How did you deal with this scenario? How did you get the .grc to execute as you expected?

All GRC users input is very welcome:

https://saneuxdesign.survey.fm/dealing-with-changes-in-how-grc-file-behaves-caused-by-opening-it-in-newer-or-older-grc-version

Thanks,
Bernard

I contribute to usability improvements to GNU Radio, and I'm looking for input from the community.

Has this scenario ever happened to you -

You open a .grc file with an older (or newer) version of GRC than the file was created with.
When you try to open it the .grc file behaves differently, due to differences in GRC version.
--

How did you deal with this scenario? How did you get the .grc to execute as you expected?

Give your input by completing this short 3 question form:

https://saneuxdesign.survey.fm/dealing-with-changes-in-how-grc-file-behaves-caused-by-opening-it-in-newer-or-older-grc-version

You don't need to be a GNU Radio expert to give your input.

If you've not experienced this scenario, but you have ideas on how you would go about it, your input is welcome.

Any questions, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Bernard