Re:VectorSourceBlock-GRC

From: Cyrille Morin
Subject: Re:VectorSourceBlock-GRC
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 09:38:07 +0200

Hello Isaac,

Adding a delay block set to at least 24 could indeed allow you to see your square signal.
But you can also solve the cause of the issue:
By default, the time sink I assume you are using, is set to display 1024 samples at a time. So it waits for that amount of samples before plotting anything. In your case, you are generating only 1000 samples, so the time sink is stuck waiting for the last 24.
The delay block, as part of its operation, starts by outputting samples with 0s according to its delay setting, so you can create the 24 you are missing that way.
You can also set your time sink to display just 1000 samples, and you should see just what you generated.

Hope that was clear,
Cyrille