Completely blank flowgraph takes a minute to generate

From: Jameson Collins
Subject: Completely blank flowgraph takes a minute to generate
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 17:40:52 -0400

I have a completely blank flowgraph (well just the default 'Options' block).

On my 8 core, 2 GHz, Intel based virtual machine this flowgraph generates in under a second.

On my 4 core, 1GHz, embedded ARM processor it takes 56 seconds and completely maxes out 1 core while it's running.

Why might cause this?  How might I troubleshoot it?