Proper GMSK Decoding with the Viterbi Algorithm

From: pwhines2
Subject: Proper GMSK Decoding with the Viterbi Algorithm
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 19:03:11 -0400

Hello all,

I’ve been messing around with GNU Radio for the past couple of months, and I’m struggling to come up with a way to properly decode GMSK using the Viterbi algorithm.  The GMSK Demod block works just fine, but since the packet decoder block is deprecated I can’t think of another way to get data out of the transmissions.  Basically I’m just looking for guidance in which blocks to use and what order to use them in, and I can handle the rest myself.  I’ve made a couple of flowgraphs that seem to be on to something, but I’m not really sure.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Patrick