SOLVED : error running gnuradio on Mac OSX Catalina w/MacPorts

From: William Smith
Subject: SOLVED : error running gnuradio on Mac OSX Catalina w/MacPorts
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 23:22:26 -0500

I posted this issue yesterday and wanted to help others by posting an update.

I did some research and solved this issue. There was a discussion on a MacPorts defect:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/61699

Read the post for details. Michael Dickens pushed an update that corrected this issue. I was able to correct the issue by following the detective work by Fred Wright. Rebuilding gdk-pixbuf2 form source is the only solution. I carried this out by executing the following:

$ sudo port upgrade -s  --force gdk-pixbuf2

Following this I was able to run gnuradio.

Stay healthy friends!
Bill