Re: Join the Radio Resilience Competition!

From: Matt Knight
Subject: Re: Join the Radio Resilience Competition!
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 07:21:00 -0800

Hello GNU Radio community,

The Radio Resilience Competition is in full swing, and we want you to join!

The competition invites competitors to build the best GNU Radio-based transceivers they can, and then pit their creations against a series of simulated RF challenges designed to push them to their limits.  Matches take place in an open-source virtual testbed we've developed called the Simulator and are run weekly.  Visit here to recap the action from Sunday's match: [https://youtu.be/YoFv0yPYU0M?t=295]

We are exactly halfway through our fall season, but it's not too late to join!  We have two more scrimmages on 12/13 and 12/20, followed by a final event on 12/27 to wrap up the season.  All are welcome and encouraged to participate!

Getting started takes minutes.  First, visit [https://radioresilience.com/] and follow the registration link to get credentialed.  Next, clone the Simulator [https://gitlab.com/radio-resilience/simulator] and follow the steps in the README to build your competition-ready transceiver and be entered in our weekly matches.

Check out our GRcon talk to learn more [https://youtu.be/txsN7sTGSVY?t=11], and feel free to reach out directly if you have any questions.  I hope you will consider competing!

Best,
Matt, on behalf of the Radio Resilience Competition organizers

ps -- Even if you don't plan on competing, I hope you will consider playing with the Simulator.  It uses docker-compose to spin up a series of virtual transceivers that can interact with one another over a simulated channel.  We think it's pretty neat, and we hope you will too.