Message source/strobe - send PMT only once after delay

From: Marcin Wachowiak
Subject: Message source/strobe - send PMT only once after delay
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2020 19:26:48 +0200

Hello,
I've been trying to evaluate synchronizing multiple USRP by issuing proper timed commands.
There is an example that uses message strobe with usrp, to send commands at regular intervals.
In my case I would like to send a single message (dict) only once at the beginning or with a small delay to synchronize the devices. Unfortunately, I didn't find any solution to this problem.
I digged through the docs, wiki and mailing list archives and there was no similar problem.
Setting Message Strobe period to float('inf'), -1 or 0 did not help. (Using GNU Radio 3.8.1)

Is there a better way of doing this?

USRP message passing example png:
usrp_message_strobe.png