[Discuss-gnuradio] Direct sequence spread spectrum with gr-dsss

From: Adrian Musceac
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Direct sequence spread spectrum with gr-dsss
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2019 15:48:25 +0300

Hi,

I was looking for a simple and readily usable OOT module for DSSS that would allow me to test various spreading code generator algorithms, and I found gr-dsss (https://github.com/ericdegroot/gr-dsss ) but the DSSS decoder block was completely not functional because of a simple oversight in code.

I'm posting this message here in the hope that the author of this OOT module is reading the list and can discuss my pull request which fixes the issue, solves a 100% CPU utilization issue and adds a more relevant and working example using Barker 13 code. I believe the perfomance of the despreader is still a little suboptimal as I'm only getting 13 dB of processing gain out of Barker 13 instead of the 22 dB quoted in several places.

Also, I'd like to thank the author here for creating this module and making my work easier.

If anyone wants to help check the processing gain issue of my flowgraph, I've attached a screenshot of it.

Best regards,
Adrian