[Discuss-gnuradio] Protocol Formatter block add additional 4 bytes of da

From: Ash SDR
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Protocol Formatter block add additional 4 bytes of data to the Header
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 11:49:12 -0500

Hello Everyone,
Why does the Protocol Formatter block add additional 4 bytes of data to the Header?
 For example, take the following case  (Here is a snapshot of GRC and the .grc file is attached with the email .  )
image.png

This .grc file (taken from the examples of /src/share/gnuradio/examples/digital/packet/) has two Fromat Obj.'s defined . One of them is  "digital.packet_utils.default_access_code
and Second one is the similar thing with additional counter (which appends 4 bytes of running counter data to the header)

When I execute the "digital.packet_utils.default_access_code" in python, it gives me 8 bytes of data.  (ac dd a4 e2 f2 8c 20 fc

but the output of Protocol Formatter is the following 12 bytes of data  in which last 4 bytes of 12 bytes are appended with (00 11 00 11

image.png

can anyone of you please point out me the reason why it is appending those 4 bytes of data?
Thanks for your time and help.

Ash