Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QT GUI Entry block issue

From: John Makous
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QT GUI Entry block issue
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 12:16:17 -0400

My OS is Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, and I am using Python 2.7.15.

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 11:39 AM, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:
On 07/12/2018 10:18 AM, John Makous wrote:
I am trying to use the QT GUI Entry block to change variables while a program is running. However, I have discovered that when I change the variable defined by the Entry block, the program crashes, displaying the error: AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'toAscii'  I am running GNU Radio Companion 3.7.11.

I have attached a very simple .grc program that illustrates the problem. The program consists of a cosine signal source feeding into a QT GUI Time Sink. The frequency of the signal is controlled by a QT GUI Entry block. Trying to change the frequency while the program is running will cause a crash.

Anyone familiar with this problem?

Thanks!

John Makous

I don't see this issue at all on my system.

What OS version are you using?  What version of Python?