[Discuss-gnuradio] QT GUI Entry Block issue

From: John Makous
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] QT GUI Entry Block issue
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 11:29:06 -0400

This is a follow up to my previous post. I got the entry block to work by deleting the .toAscii() at the end of the code in line 23 of the gtgui_entry.xml file on my computer:

lambda: self.set_$(id)($(type.conv)(str(self._$(id)_line_edit.text.toAscii()()))))

After changing this .xml file, I was able to run the test file I created and change the frequency without the system crashing, and the frequency changed as expected.

I am wondering if this is all there is to this problem, or if there is something deeper going on. Would this fix work universally for everyone?

John