[Discuss-gnuradio] Audio issues on BBB

From: Usman Haider
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio issues on BBB
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 16:49:29 +0500

Hi,

I am using GNU Radio on beaglebone black (BBB). I have transmitter and receiver flowgraph with audio sink audio source. When I run the flowgraphs on laptop or desktops I receive all the data packets correctly. But when I run either receiver or transmitter flowgraph on BBB there are intermittent packet drops. Packet loss is very small but it is there. There are no audio underruns or audio overruns. I am using a usb sound card with BBB.

I am using jessie 8.6 on BBB, GNU Radio version is 3.7.10.1. Enabled components are shown below

$ gnuradio-config-info --enabled-components
python-support;testing-support;volk;gnuradio-runtime;gr-blocks;gnuradio-companion;gr-fft;gr-filter;gr-analog;gr-digital;gr-audio;* alsa;* oss;* jack;* portaudio;gr-channels;gr-noaa;gr-pager;gr-utils;gr-video-sdl;gr-vocoder;gr-fcd;gr-wavelet;gr-wxgui;gr-zeromq

Have anyone else tried using usb audio sound card on BBB with gnuradio before? Any idea what could be wrong? Thanks

--
Usman