Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] dual receiver setup for interferometry measuremen

From: jean-michel . friedt
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] dual receiver setup for interferometry measurements
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 20:54:22 +0200

Thanks for your reply. Indeed designing phase coherent receivers is my daily
job activity (partly), but the fun of hacking DVB-T receivers is to find ways
of using
these for applications they were never intended for. I have indeed read your
posts
concerning the difficulties in reproducing interferometric measurements, a great
source of inspiration. At the moment we are considering quantifying the phase
drift (switching from a reference oscillator to the unknown signal), but I
wonder
nevertheless why some have achieved excellent coherence and some (including
myself)
are failing. Nevertheless I'd like to actually identify the source of the drift
(PLL bandpass, temperature-related setpoint drift, software configuration ?).

Thanks, JM

--
JM Friedt, FEMTO-ST Time & Frequency/SENSeOR, 32 av. observatoire, 25044
Besancon, France