[Discuss-gnuradio] Synchronizing Schedulers across network

From: Tommy Tracy II
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Synchronizing Schedulers across network
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 11:54:36 -0500

Dear Gnuradio,

        I want to split my gnuradio program into two flow graphs that will run
on separate machines. I can do this by using the TCP or UDP gnuradio blocks.
The problem is that these separate flow graphs have different schedulers that I
believe are not synchronized.

My understanding is that If the first flow graph is faster than the second, the
first will quickly compute and send packets to the second, which will then
queue and execute those packets. This is not scalable, and ideally I'm looking
to get both of the flowgraph schedulers synchronized. Is there an existing way
to do this? Could I use a separate block to send tags over?

SIncerely,
Tommy Tracy II
       UVA