Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] howto_square_ff require Gruel

From: Alick Zhao
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] howto_square_ff require Gruel
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 22:10:34 +0800

On Thu, 08 Nov 2012 17:13:54 +0800, Gong Zhang wrote:
> Tom Rondeau wrote:
>> Oh, I see what's happening; I didn't look closely enough at your first
>> message.
>> You don't really want to use gr_modtool to add new components to GNU
>> Radio. It's meant to be used to build separate projects that will work
>> with and installed GNU Radio. See, gr_modtool creates a project with
>> cmake files that look for installed GNU Radio libs and headers,
>> including gruel, so it has it's own FindGruel.cmake module that GNU
>> Radio does not have (because Gruel is part of GNU Radio).
>>
>> What you want to do is install GNU Radio first. Then use gr_modtool to
>> build an out-of-tree project; that is, not inside of the GNU Radio
>> source code. Use "gr_modtool.py newmod" and then in gr-<your new
>> module> use "gr_modtool.py add" to add howto_ff. You should see that
>> gr-<yours>/cmake/Modules has a file "FindGruel.cmake" that the
>> component will use to find the installed GNU Radio packages and build
>> against them.
>>
>> Tom
>>
> I'm quite sorry that I failed to explain my question clearly.what I
> wanna is add the 'howto' module to gnuradio so I can use it in grc.As
> you seen I excute cmake in ~/gnuradio.3.6.1/build but not
> ~/gnuradio/gr-howto/build.Thank you for your patience.

You do not need to add a module into gnuradio tree to make it usable in
grc. In a out-of-tree project, you just need to edit the module's xml
file properly(gr_modtool can take care of the CMakeFiles.txt) and then
install it to proper directory by `make install`. Then in grc you should
be able to see your out-of-tree module in the list.

--
alick
Fedora 16 (Verne) user