Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] howto_square_ff require Gruel

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] howto_square_ff require Gruel
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 10:23:15 -0500

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 8:39 AM, Gong Zhang <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi List,
> I'm trying to check the example howto_square_ff with gr_modtool.I work
> with ubuntu10.04,gnuradio 3.6.1 and cmake2.8.1.When I excute 'cmake ../'
> in /gnuradio3.6.1/build.I got the following:
> -- Configuring gr-wxgui support...
> -- Dependency ENABLE_GR_CORE = ON
> -- Dependency ENABLE_PYTHON = ON
> -- Dependency NUMPY_FOUND = TRUE
> -- Dependency WX_FOUND = TRUE
> -- Enabling gr-wxgui support.
> -- Override with -DENABLE_GR_WXGUI=ON/OFF
> CMake Warning at gr-howto/CMakeLists.txt:85 (find_package):
> Could not find module FindGruel.cmake or a configuration file for package
> Gruel.
>
> Adjust CMAKE_MODULE_PATH to find FindGruel.cmake or set Gruel_DIR to the
> directory containing a CMake configuration file for Gruel. The file will
> have one of the following names:
>
> GruelConfig.cmake
> gruel-config.cmake
>
> CMake Warning at gr-howto/CMakeLists.txt:86 (find_package):
> Could not find module FindGnuradioCore.cmake or a configuration file for
> package GnuradioCore.
>
> Adjust CMAKE_MODULE_PATH to find FindGnuradioCore.cmake or set
> GnuradioCore_DIR to the directory containing a CMake configuration file for
> GnuradioCore. The file will have one of the following names:
>
> GnuradioCoreConfig.cmake
> gnuradiocore-config.cmake
>
> CMake Error at gr-howto/CMakeLists.txt:90 (message):
> Gruel required to compile howto
> Thanks.

I assume you have an installed and working copy of GNU Radio on your
system? Did you happen to change the install prefix when building?
Usually, you just have to add the path to the gruel.pc file to
PKG_CONFIG_PATH. You'll find it in $prefix/lib/pkgconfig. If
pkg-config can't find GRULE, it won't know how to find the headers or
link to the libs. You can test with:

pkg-config --modversion gruel

If that gives you a response like '3.6.3git' (or whatever version you
have installed), things are working.

Tom