Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] howto_square_ff require Gruel

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] howto_square_ff require Gruel
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 10:03:00 -0800

On 11/08/2012 09:33 AM, Brooke Hayden wrote:
> Tom & Gong,
>
> It seems I have the same problem as you two have been discussing.
> I create a module (howto) using the gr_modtool and added hwto_square_ff
> using 'gr_modtool add'. I completed the tutorial, but cannot make anything.
> I went back and created a build directory and then ran cmake ../ as
> described, but I reveice an error stating, "CMake error as
> CMakeLists.txt:89 (message): Gruel required to compile". I have the
> FinfGruel cmake file in the cmake/Modules directory, but it still won't
> work.

FindGruel its looking for your install of gnuradio. Which is not found.
I think if you are using the default install prefix this is pretty much
automatic (/usr and /usr/local)

You can always manually tell cmake how to find Gruel headers and
libraries by using GRUEL_LIBRARIES GRUEL_INCLUDE_DIRS.

cmake source_dir -DGRUEL_LIBRARIES=path to library
-DGRUEL_INCLUDE_DIRS=path to include

Or using cmake-gui

-josh