Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] File Sink slow?

From: Eral Türkyilmaz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] File Sink slow?
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 19:12:22 +0000 (UTC)

> To be clear, the 82579LM issue is something you should look in to.  Not
guaranteed that's you're problem, but I can't think of another reason.
> Also, to be sure.  You are using this interface in 1GiGE mode, right?
Connected directly to the N210 without any switches or other detritus in the
middle?
> I use a number of different network interfaces on my machines, they all work.

Even the cheezy RealTek $25.00 1GiGe PCI or PCIe cards should work for you,
particularly at lower sample rates.

I have now tested the same graph
(http://s14.postimage.org/r5ekme5pd/dump_test.jpg) at a lower speed of 1 MS/s
 with the 82579LM. It still produces over-runs.

Then I have tested it with two other Intel Network cards (82583V, 82574L)
also at 1 MS/s. They don't produce overruns. But if I double the sample
rate to 2MS/s  I get overruns again.

So the 82579LM definitely performs worse. But the other cards are not really
much better.

I would like to ask if anybody could try to capture data (see flowgraph) with
the USRP N210 at such speeds > 2MS/s upto 10MS/s for a longer period of time
and look if there are overflows?