Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] About how to write c++ based signal processing bl

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] About how to write c++ based signal processing block
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 09:29:02 +0100

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 02:01:36AM -0500, Adeel Anwar wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> i have used gr_modtool.py to create custom blocks and all these new blocks are
> working fine. Thanks to u for this good utility.
>
> I have python/gnuradio installed on two machines. Same version of
> gr_modtool.py
> (downloaded yesterday) works fine on one but on second machine, it creates new
> module but when we try to add some block,  it exits with following error.
> [...]
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/bin/gr_modtool.py", line 2315, in <module>
>     main()
>   File "/usr/local/bin/gr_modtool.py", line 2312, in main
>     modtool.run()
>   File "/usr/local/bin/gr_modtool.py", line 748, in run
>     self._run_lib()
>   File "/usr/local/bin/gr_modtool.py", line 787, in _run_lib
>     ed.append_value('add_library', fname_cc)
>   File "/usr/local/bin/gr_modtool.py", line 503, in append_value
>     count=1, flags=re.MULTILINE)
> TypeError: sub() got an unexpected keyword argument 'flags'

Hi Adeel,

Ben Reynwar pointed this out to me yesterday: gr_modtool.py needs Python
2.7. I argued that anyone using the CMake version of the blocks would
have access to 2.7... guess I was wrong.
I'm afraid I can't post a fix to this right now (would mean some
rewriting), but I'll add a version check so the error message becomes
more useful.

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)