[Discuss-gnuradio] Receiving signal from a signal generator

From: guelord ingala
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Receiving signal from a signal generator
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 07:52:43 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,
I've got 2 units of USRP1 and DBSRX dboards. The two USRP are synchronized for master and slave. the uhd_fft.py is responding correctly.
Now I want to use a signal generator to provide 900 MHz. signal level is -20 dBm. From the gnuradio-companion, I created a flow graph using UHD-USRP Source connected to WX-GUI-FFT Sink. The setup are as follow:
 For USRP source:
        ID: uhd_usrp_source_0
        Device Addr: fpga=usrp1_fpga_4rx.rbf
        Sync: Don'y sink
        Clock rate: default
        Num Mboards:1
        Mbo Clock source: default
        Mbo Time source:default
        Mbo Subdevice Spec:
        Num Channel: 1
        Sample rate (sps): 32K
        Cho Center freq: 900M
        Cho Gain:30 dB
        Cho Antenna: RXA
        Cho Bandwidth:10M

For FFT Sink:
       Sample rate:32k
       Baseband freq:900M

With this setup, only noise is plotted in the FFT. I don't see the signal at 900MHz. And even if I remove the daughterboard from the usrp, the result is unchanged: Noise only.
Can you please tell me what is wrong with the setup, and what to do if I want to use the side B. Also which USRP must I use: the master, the slave or both. Please help.