Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Introducing noise/ considerable BER

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Introducing noise/ considerable BER
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 07:30:13 -0400

I think that many RF and wireless designers make a lot of assumptions as well and never admit to the horror of the mobile channel.   LTE is not really realizing the needed increase in capacity to justify the rollout cost of all of the needed infrastructure in my opinion but now everyone is "all in".  I am sure Sprint and others are happy LTE and WiMax are both having lots of problems.

It is truly exceedingly difficult to enable MIMO big gains when lots of mobile channels, each a horror, need to be managed to achieve any real advantages.  Welcome to reality!  Verizon can't put a cloud computer at every cell site to enable the rapid channel inverse caclulations and MIMO solution per user to optimize the system.

;-)

Bob