Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] .deb packages of GNU Radio 3.3.0

From: Dimitris Symeonidis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] .deb packages of GNU Radio 3.3.0
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 08:51:50 +0200

On 2 August 2011 01:30, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Dimitris Symeonidis <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi list, are there .deb packages of GNU Radio 3.3.0 anywhere? I can't
>> find them neither in Ubuntu's repositories, nor at
>> gnuradio.org/ubuntu. Both repositories still include 3.2.2.
>>
>> This page also seems out of date:
>> http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/DebianPackages
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Dimitrios Symeonidis
>> "If you think you're too small to make a difference, try sleeping with
>> a mosquito!" - Amnesty International
>
> Dimitrios,
> There's been some work on this, but from Johnathan Corgan, who has
> handled deb packages in the past, and Josh who is working on the cmake
> build system. Unfortunately, neither of those help you out now.
> Hopefully, though, you won't have to wait much longer for new deb
> packages, although it's unlikely that we will be putting them into the
> Debian repos directly.
>
> Tom

Thanks Tom, it's not urgent, I built from git master. Just wanted to
"raise that interrupt request" to see if I'm missing something.
Otherwise, it would be useful to many people IMHO.

Also, the latest stable tarball is 3.3.0, which doesn't include
gr-uhd. My understanding is, if you want to use it with the only
supported driver for Matt's devices, you need to build GNU Radio from
trunk, is that correct?