Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem in installing GnuRadio by script.

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem in installing GnuRadio by script.
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 18:36:25 -0400

Yes indeed our institute has transparent web cache to decrease the load on
network.I can't say whether its flushing properly or not.I will try
installing it tomorrow with a separate connection.
But how is this related to the errors I am getting ......
Sometimes "transparent web caches" aren't so transparent. Updates to the downstream actual website aren't
  always tracked correctly.

So when the "firmware" paragraph trys to fetch stuff, the web cache delivers an incomplete version of the target website--the firmware is fetched using "wget" to an http:// URL, so your webcache will definitely be involved.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator