Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] importing modules in tests

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] importing modules in tests
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 20:53:49 -0400

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 8:13 PM, Ben Reynwar <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm having difficulty working out how to import modules when doings
tests, since for the tests the python code that is used is the
non-installed version, and so the package/subpackage hierarchy of the
various python folders is not in place.

For example if I am creating a test for gr-trellis, but I want to
import features from gr-digital, I cannot simply use "from
gnuradio.digital import xxx".

Is there a good reason why the tests can't simply use the installed
version of gnuradio?  It seems like this would make everything
simpler.

Cheers,
Ben

It's because you really want to test off of what you are _about_ to install, not what's already installed. This is especially problematic if you haven't done a 'make install,' yet.

The QA code in various packages in GNU Radio should show you how to grab the stuff locally.

Let me know if you need more specific help. I haven't done anything with the QA code in gr-trellis, but I've worked on it elsewhere.

Tom