[Discuss-gnuradio] importing modules in tests

From: Ben Reynwar
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] importing modules in tests
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 17:13:21 -0700

Hi all,

I'm having difficulty working out how to import modules when doings
tests, since for the tests the python code that is used is the
non-installed version, and so the package/subpackage hierarchy of the
various python folders is not in place.

For example if I am creating a test for gr-trellis, but I want to
import features from gr-digital, I cannot simply use "from
gnuradio.digital import xxx".

Is there a good reason why the tests can't simply use the installed
version of gnuradio?  It seems like this would make everything
simpler.

Cheers,
Ben