Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM on USRP2

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM on USRP2
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 12:15:06 -0400

On 20/06/2011 10:05 AM, vanITA1082 wrote:
I am going more deeply into the OFDM example, however I cannot figure out
which is the bit rate of the usrp.
I mean, I know and I can set the bit rate of my application but how fast the
packets are sent out by the usrp?
How can I evaluate the throughput on the wireless link?

Thanks

Vanessa
The USRP knows nothing about packets or modulation or any of the higher-level concepts you seek.

The USRP/USRP2/N2XX are, conceptually, digitizers that digitize the baseband output of the RF chain, and present it to the host at a fixed sample rate. Conversely, they take digital samples from the host, and convert them into baseband analog signals
  for the RF hardware to transmit.

Any given modulation waveform (whether it's OFDM, or BPSK, or NBFM, or whatever) occupies a certain *bandwidth*, and you chose
  the sample rate to accomodate the bandwidth of the signal.