Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] grc block definition directories

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] grc block definition directories
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 17:21:54 -0400

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 10:27 PM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:

On 06/11/2011 07:16 PM, Achilleas Anastasopoulos wrote:
> I notice that in some directories (eg, gr-noaa, gr-pager) there is a grc
> subdirectory with the corresponding definitions, while for others the
> definitions are in the grc/blocks directory.

I did the cmake'ification of gr-trellis after those files were added and
I was just thinking about the organization. :-)

> Is there a specific reason for one vs the other option?
> Which one is the preferred method?

It seems that there is an unofficial new standard for a gnuradio
component (gr-uhd, gr-noaa, gr-audio, gr-pager, a few others...)

It's not unofficial. It's the official, if under-documented, new directory structure.

Tom

Its a flat directory structure inside the component directory.

/lib - for the cc files, private headers, and maybe public
/include - if you feel like separating the public header files
/swig - swig .i files and swig generation
/python - python modules and often the swig module's __init__.py
/grc - grc xml block wrappers
/apps - apps installed into the runtime/bin directory
/examples - examples installed into the share directory