[Discuss-gnuradio] grc block definition directories

From: Achilleas Anastasopoulos
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] grc block definition directories
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 22:16:11 -0400

I notice that in some directories (eg, gr-noaa, gr-pager) there is a grc
subdirectory with the corresponding definitions, while for others the
definitions are in the grc/blocks directory.

Is there a specific reason for one vs the other option?
Which one is the preferred method?

I want to add some grc block defs for the newly added pccc
and sccc encoders/decoders in gr-trellis and would prefer a
grc subdir inside gr-trellis.
If there is no objection, can someone generate it and put inside the
already existing grc defs from grc/blocks.
I would do it myself but don't know what other files need to be changed...

BTW, I also see a discrepancy in the way swig files are handled:
some are in the swig subdir while other inside src/lib.
Is there a prefered way to do this as well???

thanks
Achilleas