Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp2_fft.grc hangs when executed

From: Elvis Dowson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp2_fft.grc hangs when executed
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 12:05:32 +0400

Hi,
     FWIW, I re-ran the same test using the USRP2 and the UHD drivers, on a
vmware virtual machine running on my iMac quad-core, running Ubuntu-10.04
64-bit with gnuradio-3.4.0.

I was able to get 20Msps (decimation factor of 5) with the USRP2, and the FFT
plot GUI was responsive at a refresh rate of 30fps.

If I tried to run it at 25Msps (decimation factor of 4), I got an over-run,
with a bunch of Os displayed on the GRC output console.

The only thing still wrong with using a virtual machine is the audio sink.

I get still audio under-runs aUaU, and choppy FM reception when it runs on a
virtual machine with gnuradio-3.4.0.

On a dedicated low-powered system like my T42p laptop, the audio sink works
fine.

Elvis Dowson