Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] User experience with E1x0 boards

From: Alexander Chemeris
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] User experience with E1x0 boards
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 19:25:01 +0400

Hi Josh, Philip,

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 17:05, Philip Balister <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 04/22/2011 07:05 PM, Almohanad Fayez wrote:
>>
>> I've always wondered about the design difference between the E100 and the
>> work you did with Chris Anderson's board ... now I know.  BTW where do you
>> have your driver code posted for the E100 and any documentation, if it
>> exists yet :) ? I found slides that you presented on April 13th.
>
> Those slides are a recent as it gets. There may be video of that talk in a
> few months.
>
> Driver code is here:
>
> https://github.com/balister/linux-omap-philip

We're seeking to get maximum throughput from USRP E100. Our goal is to
collect some samples to RAM and then process them offline. Right now
E100 can't achieve even 4MSPS, which is not enough for us. What is
your feeling what is the limiting element? GPMC should be wide enough
to transfer much more data and RAM should be fast enough too. Is it
IRQ, or user-space processing?

We consider replacing Gumstix with a more powerful C6-Integra SoC,
like TMS320C6A8167. But before we dive into hardware modswe want to
make it somehow working with what we have already. :)

This is for the open-source WiMAX scanner project:
http://code.google.com/p/wimax-scanner/

--
Regards,
Alexander Chemeris.