Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD disable receive

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD disable receive
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 08:50:29 -0700

On 05/02/2011 08:16 AM, Steve Peters wrote:
> Sorry to resurrect this somewhat old thread, but I'm mightily confused by
> something.  Mike originally said:
>
> "For my simple setup I've got 2 N210's each with an RFX2400 (using TX/RX for
> receive)."
>
> The Ettus website says:
>
> "The user may set the receive antenna to be TX/RX or RX2. However, when
> using an RFX board in full-duplex mode, the receive antenna will always be
> set to RX2, regardless of the settings."

That is a more verbose way to say that "you cant receive from TX/RX when
you are transmitting". It just so happens that the antenna switch gets
moved to RX2. I will think about adjusting the language.

> So it seems that his radio is operating in "full-duplex mode" even though
> this is not what Mike wants when setting it to receive on TX/RX, yes?  I
> can't seem to find anything in gr-uhd to disable "full-duplex mode", and
> can't really figure out where this mode is set in the UHD driver, either.
> My true motivation for asking is that I'm having this same problem with my
> N210s and RFX1800s.  What I really want is to have TX/RX port switch between
> transmit and receive.

Just set the receive antenna to TX/RX. The switching is automatic.
However, do not transmit when you want to receive.

To use the board in full duplex mode (simultaneous receive and
transmit), set the receive antenna to RX2.

-Josh