Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD disable receive

From: Steve Peters
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD disable receive
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 10:16:30 -0500

Sorry to resurrect this somewhat old thread, but I'm mightily confused by something.  Mike originally said:

"For my simple setup I've got 2 N210's each with an RFX2400 (using TX/RX for receive)."

The Ettus website says:

"The user may set the receive antenna to be TX/RX or RX2. However, when using an RFX board in full-duplex mode, the receive antenna will always be set to RX2, regardless of the settings."

So it seems that his radio is operating in "full-duplex mode" even though this is not what Mike wants when setting it to receive on TX/RX, yes?  I can't seem to find anything in gr-uhd to disable "full-duplex mode", and can't really figure out where this mode is set in the UHD driver, either.  My true motivation for asking is that I'm having this same problem with my N210s and RFX1800s.  What I really want is to have TX/RX port switch between transmit and receive.

Steve