[Discuss-gnuradio] Write registers on USRP2 FPGA

From: Eduardo Lloret Fuentes
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Write registers on USRP2 FPGA
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 14:10:10 +0100

Hello!

I was successful trying to add my own FPGA code into the original FPGA project. I just added a module into the u2_rev3.v and bypass the DSP pipeline. So, all the original FPGA code is there and the firmware is running. Now, I would like to modify some registers of my own FPGA design. Maybe using the I2C or the SPI standards already implemented via ethernet.

I read that for the USRP there is a command, "usrper i2c_write i2c_addr <hex-string>" that can be used to modify some existing registers.

Is there anything similar for USRP2?

Is there any other way to modify an existing register (from the original code) or a custom register (from my own code) via ethernet?

I would like to clarify that I am using the gnuradio master branch but if there is a way to write these registers using the UHD driver it is also quite interesting for me.

A lot of thanks in advance.

Eduardo.