[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU radio with Wubi vs. MATLAB/Simulink 2010b

From: Tobias Messinger
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU radio with Wubi vs. MATLAB/Simulink 2010b
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 11:13:56 +0100

Hey folks,

I'm trying to work out the differences between GNU radio and MATLAB/Simulink 2010b when working with the USRP2 software defined radio. Tasks will be FM/PM and OFDM de/modulation.

MATLAB/Simulink is our standard signal processing tool and is used in a Windows 7 (64 bit) environment. For performance test GNU radio should be installed on the same computer (which runs Windows 7 and MTLAB) using Ubuntu 10.4 as operating system. The easiest way to install Ubuntu on this machine seems to be Wubi, but I'm not sure if it is reasonable to use the virtual partition for a performance.

So my question is if you could give me any details on the GNU radio performance in Wubi vs. a standard Ubuntu environment?

Regards and thanks,
Tobias