Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] E100 - dial_tone.py error

From: Sim IJskes
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] E100 - dial_tone.py error
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 09:25:38 +0100

On 09-03-11 03:00, Philip Balister wrote:
is no sound system? How can I verify that my GNUradio install on the
E100 is done right?

The pulseaudio daemon may have grabbed the sound driver. Try "killall -9
pulseaudio" and try the test again.

I need to figure out why it works for some people and not others.

I use the 'pulse' device of alsa. This integrates perfectly with all the other sounds generated in the system. Even with sounds generated by vmware guests.

When using 'aplay -L' the hw device is shown with the message 'Direct hardware device without any conversions'. If you send audio in a samplerate that is not supported by the card, it will not open.

Also in the file .gnuradio/config.conf there is a section [audio_alsa] where some defaults and alsa config is specified.

Gr. Sim